Ok. I know this isn’t my typical recipe but I am all about balance and these naughty / nice easter themed cookies are just that!! The best treat I could think of – MINI EGGS !
Happy Easter everyone! Hope you enjoy these, with all the love + bubbly – Nicole Xx.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup light spelt flour
- 1+ 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 + 1/2 cup cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips ( mini semi-sweet chocolate chips will do )
What To Do:
Set oven to 350 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar and
- Add the egg yolks + 1 egg beat until fluffy
- Next add in vanilla and flour slowly, mixing continuously
- Add in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon + sea salt and mix until combined
- Now using a spatula slowly fold in the mini eggs and the choc. chips making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Place only 9 maximum tablespoon sized cookies on a baking sheet and bake on top and middle row ( using 2 baking sheets ) for 12 -14 minutes.