We’ve fully embraced the holidays over here.
There really is no better way to feel warm + cozy, than to have the best bowl of hearty ( vegan ) vegetable soup. Promise you won’t miss the dairy in this bowl. It is creamy and soooo delicious! as always tag your creations with #leavesandbubbly Xx.
What You’ll Need:
- An immersion blender like THIS or a blender will work
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 head of broccoli ( & stems )
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower + stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk ( from can or carton is fine)
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast ( don’t skip this it makes it rich and cheese like)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- lemon to taste
What to Do:
- In a large pot, add the olive oil and heat to medium
- Add in diced onion + salt and let cook until clear ( 3-4 mins)
- Next, add in garlic and let look for another 2 mins
- add all the veggies and the flour and cook for 3-5 mins
- Add the broth + milk and nutritional yeast and 1 tsp more sea salt- stir & cover and turn down to a simmer let cook with all ingredients in the pot for 20 mins.
- Remove from the heat and add some lemon to taste.
- Lastly- take your immersion blender and blend HALF of the soup – leaving lots of chopped veggies for yummy texture. Note * if you’re using a blender wait until the soup is lukewarm to blend half the mixture, to make sure not to burn yourself!
- Enjoy cuddly, cozy , creamy goodness!
As always, With so much Bubbly + love babes Xx. Nicole.