Would you believe me if I said these protein balls are made with chickpeas & protein powder…. & taste AMAZING? well believe it… because they are & they do!
Try these gems out next and store them in the freezer – amazing for those decadent chocolate urges every
night once in a while & perfect treat for kids as halloween chocolates are invading our households. These bites are made with protein powder + chickpeas for fiber and lasting power. You will LOVE these!
What You’ll Need: – Makes 30 mini balls
- 1/2 cup rinsed + drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 10 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- 2.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2.5 tablespoons chocolate protein powder ( I like this one )
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablesooon coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
What To Do:
- In a high powered blender OR a food processor – place the chickpeas, PB, dates and almond milk- blend until smooth.
- Add in the cocoa powder & protein powder, & blend until a crumbly texture forms
- Roll mixture into small balls & place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Place in the fridge.
- In a small glass bowl, place the chocolate chips + coconut oil and microwave for 15 second intervals , 3 times – making sure to stir the chocolate each time ( do this so the chocolate doesn’t burn )
- When chocolate is completely smooth, mix in the maple syrup + sea salt
- Take each ball and dip in the chocolate sauce mix & place back on to the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add sprinkles / edible gold stars (because you’re fabulous) on top or just leave plain!
- Place in the freezer for 30 mins and done.
- Store in the fridge or freezer!
I would love to see your delish creations on instagram!! tag me with #leavesandbubbly cant wait to see all your goodies – so fun to make with the kiddos to!
With all the love + champagne, babes – Nicole Xx.