This is my most recent favourite bowl to make because it is super easy to throw together healthy, delish & there are just so many options! It is plant based and the combination of the ingredients make you feel amazing! Heres a little info on why these macro-bowls rock:
What is a Macro-Nutrient? Macro-Nutrients are nutrients that are needed in large amounts are by our bodies to function optimally. There are three macronutrients required by humans: carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. This bowl combines all 3 of those, making you feel full & happy!
When making a Macro-Nutrient bowl:
Veggies should make up about 60% of the bowl.
Whole grains should make up about 30% of the bowl.
Beans, soy protein or sea vegetables should make up about 10% of the bowl.
What You’ll Need For the Bowl Base:
1 -2 cups spring greens mix
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
Pinch sea salt
1/4 cup chickpeas
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
1/4 cup red bell pepper
Red pepper flakes for topping
What You’ll Need for Dressing:
3 tablespoons non dairy milk
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1-2 tablespoons natural apple juice
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
What To Do:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Begin by roasting all veggies – broc and cauli can go on same pan with olive oil & salt and pepper
- On separate baking sheet, add cut sweet potato and olive oil S & P.
- bake all for 30 mins at 400 degrees
- While in oven, cook 2 cups quinoa ( more for later ) , set aside
- Start on veggie peeling carrots and slicing red bell peppers
- rinse chickpeas throughly
- Make dressing by using all ingredients and whisking briskly.
- Start your bowl by piling each ingredient on top , bed of greens – top with dressing and red pepper flakes!
I would love to see your beautiful macro-bowls! use the #leavesandbubbly on instagram & also check out a very exciting giveaway I have going on @leavesandbubbly !
With lots of love & champagne, babes xX.