For baby or for yourself, these banana bread muffins are my go-to for busy mornings! The mix of the different wholegrain flours make these muffins filling & wholesome – for babies, cut into bite sized pieces – warm & spread coconut oil or grass fed butter on!
Banana Bread Muffins
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup wholewheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed – or 4 smaller bananas + 1/4 for topping
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Line a muffin tin ( only makes 11 muffins or 1 bread loaf )
- Pour batter evenly
- Slice extra banana slice onto top of each uncooked muffin
- Bake for 30 minutes
With Love & Champagne , Nicole xX.