It’s cold AF. Everyone is sick. Beat it. Quick – Tips Below!
Heres how to beat that head cold FAST!
- Cut out Dairy – Dairy causes excess phlegm & mucous in the body – all of which we do not need more of when were sick.
- Bone Broth, Chicken Broth, Miso Soup – The hot liquid helps break up the congestion associated with both colds and the flu. The salt in the broth and its warmth can soothe a sore throat. Studies have also claimed to have shown that it also has anti-inflammatory properties. Which is needed when you feel like your nose & throat are about to close up.
- Zinc lozenges & Multivitamins – Zinc helps to up your immunity & helps your body to fend off the cold bug faster. Multivitamins are packed with micronutrients you are probably not taking in when your sick due to lack of appetite.
- Vitamin D ( lots ) – I take anywhere from 4000-6000 mg of vitamin D when I’m sick. The sunshine vitamin aids in the prevention of common respiratory infections. Most of us are actually very Vit D deficient especially if you live in a cold dark climate. I take at least 3000 mg a day when not sick.
- Sea Salt Gargle & Nose Rinse – Sounds gross, it doesn’t feel great, … but it works! Gargle with warm water and sea salt for at least 2 minutes every 2 hours and use a natural saline solution for a nose rinse. ( the nettie pot ) or THIS one work amazing!
- Vitamin C – Mega immune booster- Because vitamin C is water-soluble, and the human body doesn’t make it on its own, we have to continually replenish it in our system. Which is why it is so important we get plenty in our diet. Smoothies work amazing for getting a ton of vitamin C when you’re under the weather here is a really simple smoothie to make in the morning:
- 1 medium yellow zucchini
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon – juiced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 1.5 cups coconut water
- 1 cup ice
Cheers with immune boosting shots .. & a little champagne babes! 😉 Nicole Xx.