Chloe T. is now just over 6 months old. Although we started her on basic solids at 4 months old, just 1 ingredient purees really really smoothly blended. But now is the fun part with multiple fruit + veg + protein blends & chunky textures. As of this month we are only doing breakfast and dinner as solid foods & formula on demand all day. Here are some of chloe’s fav mixes. Give them a try for your little and let me know how it goes!
Here are some of our favourite blends, see below for 2 examples of how to’s with step by step instructions
Avocado, Apple & Cinnamon + THIS Love Child Organics Cereal
Banana, Avocado + Cereal
Kiwi , Spinach + Cereal
Mango, Strawberry + Cereal
Sweet Potato, Peas, & Organic Chicken
Grass fed Beef, Yam & Spinach
Pear, Kale & Green beans
Roasted Potato, Parmesan & Sweet Corn
Roasted Pumpkin, Coconut oil & Lentils
Mango + Carrot + Peaches + Mint
I love to add herbs to Chloe’s food – it adds a little something extra for her tiny developing tastebuds & some research has proven a less picky eater when exposed to a range of flavors as their first tastes of real food!
- 6 Organic Carrots, 2 Peaches, 2 Mangos + 4-5 mint leaves
- Wash all produce very well, chop the carrots, peaches and mangos and shred mint leaves
- Boil the carrots until very soft
- Add in the peaches and mangos for about 5 more minutes
- Drain out almost all water ( keep about 2 tablespoons)
- Add all into blender including 2 tablespoons of boiling water & mint ( you may also use breastmilk, formula or broth)
- Blend until very very smooth for young babies ( 4-6 months) or blend until chunky for babies 6 months +
- Freeze for 4-5 hours and label date made in ziplock bags
- I love to use these small silicone chocolate moulds I found on amazon HERE – pop into freezer – when frozen you can throw the cubes into ziplock bags with a date written on them and use them when you need. – Store for about 3 months frozen only.
Cauliflower + Spinach + Olive Oil + Basil
- 1 head of organic cauliflower, handful of organic spinach, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- Boil Cauliflower until very tender
- Add in spinach & basil for about 3 more minutes
- Drain water except 2 tablespoons ( organic veggie broth would be super good in this as well! )
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Add all to blender
- Pulse until chunky texture forms and all large clumps are gone
- Pour into silicone moulds and freeze into cubes – good up to 3-4 months
- This recipe is suggested for 6 + months because of the texture and the healthy fats added!
When we are in a time pinch and need food fast we LOVE the Love Child Organics line for their wholesome, organic & simple , interesting ingredients.
We also love the Baby Gourmet puffs & the Baby Mum-mums for first teething biscuits!
With Love & Champagne babes Xx.