These protein bars are NO BAKE, Which makes them super easy to whip up. They are super high in protein & could be a copy cat recipe of the RX bars if you have ever had one of those you know they are epic. My sister in law gave me one ( they aren’t available in Canada…. ). I tried my best to copy the ingredients off the package – I used organic, pasteurized egg white powder ( i’ll list where to buy below) They are chocolate heaven. – Dairy free too! – If you don’t love chocolate you could skip the cocoa and just add pure vanilla protein powder instead and cut the egg white powder in half.
Sweet + Salty + packed with good for you clean protein- What more could you want in a bar!
These bars are perfect to throw in your bag on the way out the door, Im always in search of a high protein bar that is good for you. When in a pinch I do love the SIMPLY WHEY bars as a store bought option! Let me know if you guys try these bad boys out ❤ #leavesandbubbly
What You’ll Need:
- 18 whole large dried, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 1/2 tsp of coarse salt (sea salt) + pinch for topping
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg white powder buy it ( HERE )
- 5 Tablespoons water
- High powered food processor
- Silicone spatula
What To Do:
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper & spray with coconut oil
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave the dates and 2 tsps of water for 30 seconds
- In the food processor pulse the dates with the dates water from the microwave- until paste like
- Pour nuts into food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Pour cocoa & egg white powder into food processor.
- lastly add in the sea salt and pulse
- Pulse until well blended and super gooey paste like
- Line a 8×8 with parchment paper
- Dump mixture onto parchment and smooth out with wet hands
- Sprinkle with coarse salt on top
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour
- Cut into 12 bars and keep in fridge wrapped in parchment paper- they are super sticky if not cold so i like to keep them in zip lock bags then throw them in my purse with a napkin!
- Enjoy these copy cat RX bars loves! Xx. #leavesandbubbly
Here are some ingredients I love to use – I bought them all on Amazon!