This quinoa dish is perfect for a summer day! The quinoa is packed with natural plant protein so no need to add any meat. This plant based dish serves great cold as a main dish with some white wine 😉
What You’ll Need for the Base Salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1/2 medium sized purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
For the Peanut Sauce :
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
What to Do:
- Rinse quinoa throughly in warm water to get rid of the bitter residues, cook according to package directions.
- In 1 bowl mix together the base salad and set aside’
- In a separate bowl mix together the sauce ingredients using a whisk making sure they are all combined * be sure to use warm water *
- Mix the sauce into the quinoa/rice base and use 2 large spoons to mix it well
- Place in the fridge to let the flavours soak in. The cabbage gets softer the second day and even better the third. Making this meal ideal for leftovers that don’t have to be re-heated!
- Enjoy babes, sorry for the lack of steps and pictures – mom life is a crazy life – time is short but I am taking requests on my IG as to what you want to see me post! ❤ add me! @bodyblissbynicole and use the #leavesandbubbly if you decide to make any recipes!!