Grown up beauty enhancing gummy snacks- YES!
So why are these little bears so ” beauty enhancing” ? – These gummy snacks are packed with collagen enhancing, skin loving ingredients – Vitamin C is a major skin saver along with the amino acids in gelatin some people find gelatin easier to digest than collagen directly so this is why I like using gelatin in recipes such as this gummy bear one as it breaks down easily but love using the collagen product in my morning coffee recipe HERE. Also check out how BONE BROTH is a completely natural non-processed form- HERE.
Gelatin can help improve your appearance thanks to its positive effects on skin health and cellular rejuvenation. Collagen is considered a primary building block for skin and is partially what gives skin a youthful, healthy appearance.
Collagen is important for the process of renewing skin cells and can also help block your skin from UV light damage, therefore protecting you from free radical damage, wrinkles and potentially skin cancer.
The older we get and the more we put our bodies through, the more we could use extra collagen to to buffer the effects of environmental stress we all face. Consuming more gelatin is a smart habit because it helps to stimulate new and non-fragmented collagen, not only restoring skin’s durability, but also helping you maintain strong hair, nails and teeth.
- Two cups of fruit – I used diced mango
- Juice of half a lime
- One cup of fruit juice (I juiced oranges , but you can use any kind of organic fruit juice, plenty of store bought options – make sure it’s not from concentrate)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey * optional *
- 4-5 packets of Stevia in the Raw
- 5 1/2 Tablespoons of Gelatin
- Gummy Bear tray or cute silicone ice cube tray – Amazon is the best –> HERE
- A high quality Gelatin powder like THIS ONE or THIS ONE
- Prepare your fruit juice by juicing ( unless you aren’t juicing your fruit)
- Dice two cups of preferred fruit
- Add fruit juice, lime juice and fruit to a pot and simmer on medium until the fruit is super soft & almost boiled down
- Add Stevia, and honey if using and stir
- Add to blender and blend until smooth
- Add Gelatin and blend until there are no clumps
- Pour into a large bowl or back into pot & use the dropper provided with the gummy bear molds to fill the gummy holes or spoon if using ice cube molds
- * NOTE* if you don’t want to buy the silicone gummy bear molds just use a silicone ice cube tray, there are plenty of cute ones out there and this way you can just spoon the mixture in.
- Refrigerate for one hour or more until firm
- Pop out the gummies from their tray and voila! a protein packed, wrinkle reducing, grown up beauty snack!