Kids will love these all natural fruit leather, or fruit roll ups! Without all the high fructose corn syrup and yucky additives- This recipe works best with mango or strawberries. It is fairly simple & straight forward just a few key tips & lots of patience on the cooking time to make sure they work out.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 cups frozen, diced mango ( or fresh but thats a lot of work)
- 2 silpat baking sheets ( find them HERE ) or at a kitchen store
- 2 rimmed baking sheets
- parchment paper
- blender or food processor
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 175ºF and line two rimmed baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Warm up the frozen mango for about 3 minutes, to thaw and melt completely.
- Puree the mango in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Divide the purée evenly between the two prepared pans, and using an off-set spatula, spread the purée as flat and as evenly as possible until it’s about 1/8-inch thick. – this is fairly key to help them cook evenly
- Bake the purée for 3 hours, check at 2.5 hours
- Remove the roll-ups from the oven. Place a piece of wax paper on top of the roll-ups and then peel off the wax paper and the roll-ups together. Cut the sheet into long strips and then roll up the strips – check out the pics if this sounds confusing.
- IF you end up with fruit leather, oh well you cooked them a little too long they are still super good!
- Next up will be my collagen infused gummy bears- because YES! #leavesandbubbly