Salty & sweet, sweet potato fries & yummy satisfying quinoa veggie burgers.. yes please! Here’s how!!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta or any cheese you like
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 egg whites, whisk lightly
For Sweet Potato Fries:
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons coarse sea salt
What To Do:
Start with the sweet potato fries as they take longer to crisp.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut sweet potato into pretty thin “fry” like cuts.
- In a large bowl coat the sweet potato fries evenly with olive oil and salt
- Dump onto a large baking sheet and spread evenly so they don’t touch and overlap
- Put in oven and set timer to 30 minutes
Start on the burger process:
In a bowl, mash beans into a thick paste and mix in garlic, carrot, quinoa, parsley, basil, feta, salt, and egg whites.
Form mixture into six patties and chill 20 minutes.
- Check on the sweet potato fries if crispy enough, take out and set aside
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, directly on grill grates or on stove top, and cook patties until golden (add remaining tablespoon oil if cooking in batches), 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with sweet potato fries on a bun or bed of lettuce and some organic ketchup 😉