With Valentines day just under a week away this weekend is a perfect time to whip up some treats for that special someone. It doesn’t have to be your partner it could be a co-worker, a bestie, your kids, a family member, anyone! These overnight oats are the perfect morning treat & the chia raspberry jam lasts about a week which is amazing spread on toast or added to yogurt!
This Valentines day is dedicated to our little sweet pea in my tummy!
Give it a try & take some cute pics using #leavesandbubbly so I can drool over them!
Happy Valentines Babes & remember to make someone feel special everyday ❤ Xx.
What You’ll Need For the Base Overnight Oats:
- 1/3 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup organic plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk (soy/cashew/coconut work too)
- 1 air tight container ( jar works best )
What You’ll Need for the Raspberry Chia Jam:
- 2 cartons of fresh, washed raspberries or about 2 cups… ish
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 air tight container ( jar works best)
What To do For Overnight Oat Base:
- Throw all ingredients into a jar and seal, shake up and place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Set aside until layering with jam
What To Do For Raspberry Chia Jam:
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth & some seeds are crushed, shouldn’t take long – 45 seconds maybe
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into a jar
Bringing the Vday Creation to life:
- In yet another jar, begin the layering starting with the overnight oat base, next the jam, next the oat base … you get it.
- Throw in some dark chocolate chips throughout the layers
- Top with more chocolate chips & fresh raspberries & feel the L ❤ V E