After a few recipe fails, these muffins are perfect sweet fruity heaven. I love the mix of the blueberries/raspberries and the tartness of the lemon. These muffins make 12 cakey moist delicious gems great for breakfast or snack! Each muffin is about 120 calories , 3 grams sugar and just 2 grams of good fat coming from the coconut oil!
If you try em out tag me on Instagram using #leavesandbubbly
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups Spelt/ Oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp honey, melted or heated for 20 seconds to liquid
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Just a little under 1 cup non dairy milk ( almond, cashew, soy etc )
- 1 ¼ cups cups mixed blueberries & raspberries
- Stevia or coconut sugar for for topping
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick olive oil or coconut cooking spray. REALLY WELL.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg whites, and vanilla. Stir in the non dairy milk, mixing until no large lumps remain.
- Mix in the honey & all remaining wet ingredients , mix well. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well then gently fold in the blueberry and raspberry mixture ( ps use fresh fruit only for this ).
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups using a large tablespoon Bake at 350°F for 22 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
- While still hot, sprinkle the coconut sugar or stevia on top of each muffin
- Cool in the muffin cups for 10 minutes.