^ ^ ^ Missing Champagne & Prosecco like… ^ ^ ^
I am in my 20th week of pregnancy now ( or my second trimester ) or in normal non-mom talk my 5th month. But here is a list of the things I found extremely helpful so far, I’m sure there will be more as the little bump grows but for now these are the at the moment life savers-
- Mama Mio – The Tummy Rub Butter– Absorbs instantly and doesn’t ruin your clothing with oils. A blend of potent preggo safe butters to keep you stretch mark free- apply twice a day to hips, thighs and tummy.
- Floravit – Plant based Iron – The ONLY iron supplement that doesn’t hurt my stomach and make you backed up… because that’s what iron supplements can do! During the second trimester our blood volumes doubles- Your body uses iron to make extra blood for you and your baby during pregnancy. Iron also helps move oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body — and to your baby’s.
- Working out 3-5 times a week during second trimester. Keeping you strong for delivery and for after when the babe is here! I suggest BodyFit by Amy & Knocked Up Fitness.
- A Preggo Pillow – For your 2nd and 3rd trimesters you are not supposed to lay on your back as it can cut off blood flow to the babe. These pillows are so worth for a good nights sleep- which you’ll need… every night at like 8 pm.
- Maternity Leggings– A fancy faux leather pair & a ultra stretchy cotton pair- No matter the size of your bump any pressure or tightness around your tum is super uncomfortable. The extra support of having the leggings go under the bump or over is so nice.
- WATER – You get SO thirsty. Like you could drink water at all times forever. So always have a water bottle on hand and herbal tea.
- Healthy – prepared snacks- Spend some time meal and snack prepping! Just like you did before the bump. This will set you up for success as it is SO easy to grab a burger or fries when the cravings hit. I found hard boiled eggs with guacamole and hummus and fresh cut fruit like raspberries the best.
- Prenatal Massages- Great for a little you and baby time- Stabilizing of hormones and relaxation of the nervous system, aiding in less stress and better sleeps, along with regular endorphin releases that help minimize discomfort. Massage therapy during pregnancy is a wonderful complementary choice for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and edema (or swelling).
Happy Pregnancy Mama’s! stay tuned for my third trimester must haves!