In 34 sleeps santa will be here! Make sure you’re ready with some delicious gluten free cookies 😉 These almond butter, pecan cookies are made with only almond butter and no flour at all! They are perfect dipped in chocolate but you can cut that step out and add chocolate chips right into the batter if you want too! Remember to tag your creations with #leavesandbubbly on Instagram or tag @bodyblissbynicole
Cheers to a super merry x mas season my loves, I will be posting many holiday treats! ❤
Makes approx. 27 Cookies
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees celsius
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup organic, natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans- crumbled works best
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
What To Do:
- In a small bowl ,whisk the egg and then add all ingredients bowl
- Beat the mixture on medium speed if using mixer, if not just use a spatula to fold ingredients in- them mixture will be really wet because there is no flour added.
- If the pecans are halved, I just used a grinder to make them crumbled & folded them in to the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Using a teaspoon (only) because they are so liquidy they will expand make them the size of a quarter only and space them well apart with 15 on a sheet (see pic).
- Bake for 11 minutes
- Now for the chocolate dipping sauce – use 1/2 bar of dark chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir and put in for another 15 seconds – be careful not to burn chocolate!
- Take the cookies out of oven after 11 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes ( or they will break apart)
- Once cookies are cooled, dip them in the chocolate sauce or drizzle the chocolate on top
- Lay on parchment paper and put in fridge for 20 minutes until the chocolate sauce is hard.
- Lay out for santa with some chocolate almond milk ❤