This latte is not only healthy with the sneaky addition of some protein & pumpkin puree it is honestly delicious! A typical Starbucks pumpkin spiced latte of this size ( grande) can run you about 380 calories, 50 grams of sugar and 52 g of carbs…. I mean c’mon…. We still want to look cute in our fall outfits without sabotaging ourselves to get a good old fall latte! Fear not. This latte is 95 calories ( of all good calories ) and 2 grams of sugar and 4 grams of protein! Keeping you full and happy as a benefit to the delicious factor. Check out below for the recipe & happy fall babes Xx.
What You’ll Need:
- Brewed organic coffee ( see my post HERE about why organic coffee)
- 1 tsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2-1 tsp stevia or monk fruit ( see HERE for the one I get )
- Silk Coconut milk for coffee * unsweetened OR can use full fat coconut milk from a can – 1 -2 TBSP.
- about 1 .5 tsps of organic vanilla brown rice protein like Vanilla Sunwarrior or THESE
- Sprinkle of pumpkin spice
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Good Frothing device – I swear by this Nespresso one... worth it.. worth it!
What To Do:
- * In to the milk frother * add in 3 tbsp of coconut milk, protein powder, sweetener & pumpkin puree
- Froth until all is dissolved ( if using the Nespresso push once for the hot froth setting)
- Using a spoon into black coffee, first pour the milk at the bottom of the frother in … then slowly add the froth on top of the coffee ( latte effect )
- Sprinkle with pumpkin spice and cinnamon and a little extra sweetener if you desire
- Become the pumpkin spice Latte!