Crisps or crumbles are literally the easiest things ever to make . This crisp took about 10 minutes to throw together and by the time the kitchen is cleaned up its bubbling that sweet nectar from the blackberries and that crispy sweet topping… all completely vegan & gluten free! I had the chance to pick these blackberries fresh in Chilliwack, BC and let me just say… I now understand why these berries are so expensive… OUCH. Puppy, kid & husband approved!
Say hello to fall with this crisp & tag me #leavesandbubbly with your beautiful dishes Xxo.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries
- 2 tbsp pure make syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 scoop of sun warrior vanilla protein powder * optional *
- 1 cup of quick cook oats ( they from a crumble better )
- 1/4 cup of oat flour ( easily made by grinding oats into flour)
- 1/2 cup of pure unrefined coconut oil, cold or room temperature
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of ground walnuts
- In a large bowl mix 2 tbsp of maple syrup with the berries.
- Add the almond or vanilla and mix
- Grease a 9X9 baking dish.
- Place berries in the baking dish.
- Mix dry crumble ingredients together
- gently fold and crush in the coconut oil chunks ( see picture) leave chunky
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the berries in clumps with your hands
- Bake at 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with homemade coconut whipped cream see recipe I love HERE
- Enjoy the last of those berries before fall hits!