With summer winding to a close (waaah. sorry I said it). This warm and toasty rhubarb berry crumble with a peanut butter twist is the perfect breakfast/snack to enjoy when those mornings are cool and crisp. My mom gave me this amazing rhubarb from her garden & I knew that I had to make a classic crumble with a twist for you guys!
What You’ll Need:
For The Topping:
- 1/2 cup pecans, ground ( can also use almond flour)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tsp powdered peanut butter – get it HERE OR use natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups cherry/berry mix – frozen
- 2 cups rhubarb chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees – see pics below for step by step!
- You will need 2 large bowls
- In a large bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients well
- Next take the room temp coconut oil and “cut” it into the topping mixture and continue to chop it through oat mixture, add salt and set in fridge for 10 mins
- In the remaining bowl add all the ingredients for the filling, mixing the maple syrup & covering all fruit
- In a large baking dish ( 8- 10 inch round or square dish) spoon in the fruit mixture
- Next layer on the topping. Making sure to coat the entire fruit filling
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes
- Serve with coconut ice cream or organic greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon !
As always I love to see your creations, just use the hashtag #leavesandbubbly so I can admire 😉 enjoy babes Xx.