This easy 4 ingredient matcha smoothie will win anyone over. Here is why I love matcha so much.
- Loaded with antioxidants – if you work out on a regular basis you are creating free radicals. Free radicals are the cause of aging and declined health. Antioxidants bind with these free radicals, rendering them powerless to help you maintain optimal health. Matcha is one of the highest sources of quality antioxidants.
- Loaded with EGCg which is the organic compound found in green tea known as catechins- known for its potent cancer fighting properties! Also think beautiful hair and skin from all the damaging free radical stoppers!
- Boost metabolism – as we age our metabolism go down…. HELLO late twenties 😦 Matcha boosts metabolism and keeps you burning fat all day long. – win.
- All the energy- none of the crash- believe me I LOVE coffee, but matcha & green tea alike will give you that long lasting no crash kind of energy, no jitters just good clean energy- Which is ideal for adrenals – see my post HERE for more on that.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut/almond milk
- 3-4 tsps pure 100 % maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp high quality matcha tea powder – see THIS one or THIS one
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 8-9 ice cubes
- unsweetened coconut flakes for topping – optional
What To Do:
Blend all together…. easy! Try this before a workout and you will be amazed at how good you feel!