Boatmeal AKA baked oatmeal AKA Ah-mazing Breakfast Treat
There is something special about oatmeal when it is baked. It turns into cake for breakfast which is basically the best thing ever. Give it a shot & tag #leavesandbubbly with all of your amazing creations!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups gluten free oats ( Bob’s Redmill is a good brand)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup goji berries/raisins/dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 non dairy milk like almond milk
- 1 tbsp of pure flax meal ( optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add 2 cups oats and 2 cups of boiling water, set aside until all water is absorbed up by the oats
- In that same bowl as the oats, Slice in 2 bananas and add in all remaining ingredients except the 1/2 banana.
- Mix very well in bowl and pour into a baking pan, should be about 8×11 so that the oatmeal cooks all the way through
- After pouring the mixture into an oven safe baking dish slice the remaining 1/2 banana on top of the oatmeal and add some extra chopped pecans and a touch more cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
- Serve with way too much nut butter & enjoy your boatmeal babes ! 😉