This super light version of red curry will satisfy that constant need for thai take out. This recipe takes about 20 mins from start to finish! Give the skip the dishes guy a break & try out this amazingly refreshing lightened up version of the classic amazing thai dish red curry!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Organic, light coconut milk
- 1 cup Coconut beverage ( blue diamond makes a good one)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 heaping TBSP Red curry paste – THIS is the only one I really love
- Fav hot sauce
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup carrots, coined
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 6-9 large prawns
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt & pepper
What To Do:
- In a large pot saute the minced ginger and garlic in a little bit of coconut oil for about 5 minutes
- Pour in the liquids ( coconut milks & water) & bring to a boil
- Add 1 heaping TBSP of the red curry paste to boiling liquid
- Add fresh basil, reserving a few fresh leaves for when plating dish
- In a separate pan heat some coconut oil and cook shrimp ( chicken or tofu works too) cook just until browned, set aside.
- Turn down pot to just over medium heat and add in all of the fresh veggies & about 2-3 tsps of hot sauce of choice
- Add in the protein we half cooked earlier & keep at a medium high heat, covering until veggies are easily cut through & protein is cooked through.
- taste broth to see if you need to add some S&P
- Plate in a cute bowl & garnish with some more fresh basil!