Oh my gosh! It’s here! It’s really here! Summer! & what could be better than a nice big fresh green salad with a creamy green goddess dressing!…Nourish your bod with this nutrient packed green salad topped with Avocado dressing and protein rich Ahi Tuna! Because this salad has all of the Macro nutrients ( Protein, Carbohydrates & Fats). This is the perfect well rounded meal!
What You’ll Need:
- Fav greens of choice here is what I chose:
- chopped romaine lettuce
- chopped snow peas
- chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Red peppers just a few
- Fresh Ahi Tuna round, make sure its as fresh as possible
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 whole avocado
- 5-7 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp dill, fresh is best but this is all i had ( paste)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water ( you can use more or less depending how thick you like the dressing)
For the Ahi Tuna:
Season with sea salt and pepper when raw, Grill for about 1 minute or less on each side, just until it is lightly browned and should be pink in the middle.
What To Do for the dressing:
In a blender, throw in all ingredients for the dressing. If you find it to thick, just add more water also make sure your avo is ripe enough or else this wont work. Blend until smooth and easy to drizzle over the salad!
- In a large bowl toss the chickpeas in with the green salad, top with grilled Ahi Tuna and drizzle the green goddess dressing on top.
- Enjoy & Soak up the super short summer we have here in the Peg!