With no flour this cake is moist and fudgy. Sweet potato mash makes up the base of the cake adding in tons of vitamin A, antioxidants & because they are naturally sweet they make a perfect addition to this cake! Try it out & use the hashtag #leavesandbubbly on instagram so I can see your wonderful creations 🙂
Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup of organic, canned sweet potato ( or use baked sweet potato then mash it)
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all natural, smooth nut butter ( I used almond)
- Dark chocolate chips for drizzle
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut oil
What to Do:
- In a large bowl mix together first 4 ingredients, using a spatula to make sure everything is combined
- mix in a handful of dark chocolate chips to the batter with a pinch of salt
- In a small, coconut oil greased pan ( I used a 6 x 2 inch square Cake Pan) You can use mini muffin tins as well.
- Spreading the mixture evenly, pop into the oven, top rack
- Now make the chocolate chip drizzle – 1 /4 cup dark chocolate chips + 1 tbsp coconut oil, microwave for 45 seconds, check stir and keep going for 10 more seconds if not liquid yet, be careful chocolate burns fast!
- Bake the Fudge cake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. If still gooey after 35 mins take out and let cool completely should become more stable then.
- Enjoy this chocolatly dream cake , mostly guilt free! 😉