If you are like me, you have a massive sweet tooth that more often than not derails your fitness goals….. enter.. protein powder.. a good one that is. When I first ventured into fitness I bought the Peanut butter cup deluxe, extra junk filled -“no sugar” , “no carb”, “high protein” full of crap powders that I saw some people downing at the gym. Most conventional protein shakes on the market today ( including ready-made ones ) are filled with scary dairy bi-products and are highly processed and are often heated to the point that the protein is denatured, which makes it nearly impossible for the body to recognize and use. The result is higher levels of acidity and toxicity in the body, which can lead to plenty of unwanted illnesses and diseases. * see Olivia Retter’s post on eating alkaline here * I love to bake with protein powders ( except the Whey powder…you will end up ruining your tins & having a little disaster) I use protein in place of flours like the ones I will list below, a lot of my recipes contain either one of these proteins so check em out!
My goal here is to show you the protein powders that will compliment your workouts, giving your body the repair it needs after those hard workouts and for you to see real results while treating your beautiful body right!
I have compiled a list of my ultimate favorite proteins from brown rice, pea, pumpkin & whey and the benefits and highlights to each one below:
- ✓ OK. First off it is the best tasting, chocolately, non chalky vegan protein I’ve ever tried.
- ✓ Classic Protein relies on the simple power of raw whole-grain brown rice, including the endosperm and bran, to create a gentle protein that still stacks up to the competition in the gym where it matters most. Classic contains all the essential amino acids your body craves in a perfectly balanced profile, won’t slow you down, and is the perfect fit for anyone and any lifestyle.
Sunwarrior protein has been a staple in my routine for years. I’m active and plant-based, so my primary source of protein needs to nourish both body and mind. It’s light, creamy, easy to digest, and makes my morning smoothie taste like a superfood milkshake.
– MARNI WASSERMAN
RAW Protein from Garden of Life is a raw, vegan, plant-based, certified organic protein formula. A complete source of protein from 12 raw and organic sprouts, raw protein gives you everything you want —- and more —- in a protein supplement, without chemical additives or preservatives, no artificial sweeteners or fillers.
- ✓ Unheated – not heated above 114°F/45.55°C
- ✓ Untreated – no pesticides, chemicals or chemical preservatives used
- ✓ Unadulterated – no binders and non-pasteurized
- ✓ Contains live probiotics
- ✓ RAW, Vegetarian & Dairy Free
- ✓ Certified organic
- ✓ NaturePro with nature’s richest source of ‘Bio-active’ protein.
- ✓ Non-denatured ‘Bio-active’ whey protein has the highest protein ‘quality rating’ among all proteins.
- ✓ The vast majority of other whey protein mixes available today are made from high-heat pasteurized milk and therefore ‘denatured’ and virtually “dead”.
- ✓ NaturePro is the healthiest and most nutritious breakfast or meal replacement whey protein Enjoyed In real Chocolate or Vanilla flavors.
- ✓ The milk used for this whey protein comes from cows that graze on 100% pesticide-free, chemical-free natural grass pastures. No grains ever, no silage.
- ✓ These milking cows are never given bovine growth hormone or any other hormones (No rBST or rBGH)
- ✓ No GMO (genetically modified organisms) or injected pathogens.
- ✓ Certified Organic, Non-GMO Project Certified, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Kosher & Vegan!
- ✓ Made from organic pea protein & pumpkin proteins
- ✓ Jump-starts your metabolism
- ✓ Satisfies your appetite, keeping you energized, LONGER!
- ✓ Post workout recovery
- ✓ Promotes a healthy, lean physique
- ✓ Hair, skin, nails