Combine your favorite cake flavor with a healthy cookie & you get carrot cake oatties! YUM!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat or spelt flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure honey
- ¾ cup, not packed down grated carrot.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grate carrots until you have about 3/4 cup worth.. set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey until thoroughly incorporated. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop the cookie dough into 12 rounded scoops on a lined baking sheet.. I love these Silpat baking sheets for all baking!
- Bake for 15-16 minutes and allow to cool fully before eating as they become slightly crunchy and all of the flavor comes out when they are cooled…. it’s worth the wait. PROMISE!