It’s Peanut Butter and Jelly time!
What you’ll need:
- 1 flax egg ( see below )
- 1 scoop brown rice protein ( Sun Warrior or Iron Vegan work the best )
- 3 tbs cashew/almond milk
- 2 tsp shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 banana mashed
For the PB Drizzle Sauce
- 1 tbl organic, natural peanut butter
- 1 tbl raw, organic honey
- 2 tbl water
- Mixed berries to create the “Jelly”
Here is How To:
How to make a flax egg perfectly. It is called a “Flax Egg” because it literally can replace an egg in any recipe and comes out the exact consistency of an egg!
- 1 TBSP of Flax seed ground + 2.5 TBSP of warm water
- In a small bowl whisk together the above ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, mash up the banana with a fork
- Next start on the pancake batter, in the same bowl as the mashed banana add the rest of the ingredients for the pancake including the flax egg
- Heat up a skillet with 1 tbsp of coconut oil on med setting
- Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter in the pan at a time
- While those are bubbling on one side start on the PB drizzle sauce
How to PB Drizzle sauce:
- Heat up PB, honey and water in a small pot ( or in the microwave, your choice)
- whisk briskly until a thin ooey goeey consistency happens, set aside for the end drizzle.
How to “Jelly” Sauce:
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
- 3 tbsp water
- same process as the pb drizzle, warm up both ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for the end.
Pancake how to Continued…
- Flip those pancakes only when you see the bubbles come right through the pancake and the edges start to brown and fold up
- Next plate on a super cute serving plater & stack those babies up!
- Drizzle your PB and Jelly mixtures right over top of the stack and top with extra fresh berries and sprinkle more coconut on top!
- option to use 100 % pure maple syrup ( NOT AUNT JEMIMA ) Real pure maple syrup is loaded with antioxidants and amazing minerals!