These chickpea mash patties are bursting with flavor, they are simple and take about 10 minutes to make. These patties are more like little mash potato balls because they don’t actually hold their form like a patty but are crispy on the outside and soft of the inside. They are full of fiber rich chickpeas and packed with tons of lycopene and antioxidants, try them out for yourself!
Perfect for little fingers!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 TBL fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 TBL tomato paste
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking patties on low heat ( or use coconut oil if you prefer)
What To Do:
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add in the chickpeas and pulse for 20 seconds
- Next in the processor, add in onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Now pulse until all ingredients are well mixed but not completely mush ( see pics )
- Heat the pan with olive oil / coconut oil on a medium setting
- Now form the patties, using your hands should make about 8, or more if you make them small
- Fry them for about 3 minutes on each side then gently flip, should be golden and delicious.
- Serve on a huge bed of brussel sprouts and you are set!