I personally feel my best when following a Pitta balancing diet. I love sweet foods and have always come back to craving them no matter the state of my hormone balance! I tried this slightly sweet quinoa porridge out with raw honey and berries and I was satisfied all morning!
Pitta is balanced by a diet of fresh, whole foods (both cooked and raw) that are cooling, hearty, energizing, comparatively dry, and high in carbohydrates. These foods calm pitta by decreasing internal heat, preventing inflammation, balancing the digestive fire, grounding the body, and by absorbing excess liquid and oil. Because pitta is relatively substantive in nature, an appropriate diet is actually a very effective way to support a return to balance.
Warm Berry Quinoa Bowl
Makes 3-4 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups cashew, almond or coconut milk
- 3 TBL raw honey
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Handful of Raspberries
- Handful of Blueberries
- Handful of Pomegranate seeds
- Raw honey or coconut sugar for topping
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 – 2 tbl of Pure Cacao powder * Optional to make it a rich and chocolaty treat
What To Do:
- Cook quinoa according to package to directions, always rinse the quinoa first before boiling
- In the same pot that the quinoa has cooked in now add the milk, coconut, cinnamon , and honey stirring over the heat constantly so the honey doesn’t burn.
- Pour the quinoa into 3 or 4 bowls evenly
- Next spoon on the berry mixture and drizzle with honey or coconut sugar & sprinkle with more cinnamon!
I find this quinoa porridge a little on the lighter side perfect for spring and summer months!