Nuggets…..but like not the ones that are made with pink “chicken” goop that spews out of a machine…real whole food chickpeas, flax seed, gluten free bread crumbs! Turned into soft on the inside, crunchy on the outside nuggets!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 TBL of ground flax ( I used golden flax, any flax will work)
- 1 organic, free range egg
- half of 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 TbL nutritional yeast
- 1 /2 gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup gluten free bread crumbs & 1/4 cup of ground flax for coating
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the drained chickpeas into a food processor and process for a few seconds.
- Next add all the remaining ingredients, except the extra bread crumbs and flax seed for the coating.
- Process everything all up together, the look of the chickpea mash should resemble hummus.
- * Note* if the mixture is to dry, add 1 tbl of water and re blend
- Scoop up tablespoon sized globs and roll them into balls then smash them into nugget shapes ( LOL )
- In a separate bowl, take your breading mixture ( bread crumbs and flax seeds) & roll the “nuggets” in the mixture to completely coat them evenly.
- On a large, coconut oil greased cookie sheet lay out the nuggets, but don’t let them touch.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip for about 5
- Take em out and make your fav dipping sauce
- I used both organic ketchup & home made honey dill ( literally honey, dill and some lemon juice are all of the ingredients.)
- ENJOY. Serve with a massive side salad or look up one of my kale detox salad recipes 😉