This Raw, No bake treat is easy to whip together when a mega chocolate craving hits! I have a
pretty bad MAJOR sweet tooth and I promise this really hits the spot without causing my blood sugar to spike and crash. Rather than reaching for all of those processed candy & chocolate bars give these a shot. You will have lasting energy without the crash but still enjoy a seemingly sinful dessert! All you will need is a food processor / high power blender to make these mini pecan pies !
What You’ll Need:
For the Crust:
- 1/2 TBL Coconut Oil
- 18-20 dates soaked in boiling hot water for 10 mintues
- 1 1/4 cup raw pecans
- pinch of sea salt
For the Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 bar of extra dark chocolate ( LOVE THIS KIND) but any dark chocolate bar works
- 1 & 1/2 of an Avocado
- 2 TBL raw honey ( *use 3 TBL of coconut sugar to keep this 100 % vegan)
- 1 TBL almond milk or water
*keep extra whole pecans and some coconut flakes & raspberries for the topping !
What To Do:
For the Crust ( Base of the mini pie)
- Grind the nuts in a processor until fine.
- Add the soaked dates and process until the mixture is sticky.
- Add 1/2 TBL coconut oil
- Add the cinnamon and just enough milk/water to hold the mixture together.
- Pulse all together, put in a bowl and place in the fridge while we get the mousse ready.
For the Chocolate Mousse ( filling to the mini pie)
- In a small glass bowl, break up the dark chocolate bar into small pieces and spoon in the 1 TBL of coconut oil
- Microwave for 1 minute and then take out and stir… chocolate burns REALLY fast so be careful and watch it ( the coconut oil helps)
- In the blender, now add in the avocado, honey, melted chocolate & liquid & pinch more of cinnamon
- now blend baby blend.
- You should be left with a creamy dreamy chocolaty rich mousse!
- Take the pressed down crusts out of the fridge and spoon in the chocolate mousse ( or if making a pie, the entire thing)
- Top with pretty things like pecans / coconut flakes/ raspberries/ banana slices/ cacao nibs etc.
- Enjoy Babes!