My time in Thailand totally inspired me to create this lightened up version of pad thai, full of amazing veggies & organic tofu, you can always use some chicken cubes but I kept it vegetarian today…. give it a shot!
What You Will Need:
To make the sauce:
- 1 TBL coconut sugar
- 2 TBL tamari or soy sauce
- 2 TBL fish sauce
- 4 TBL organic sesame oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
For the Base:
- 5 Zucchinis
- 2 blocks of organic tofu
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup organic edamame beans
- 1 pack of organic Asian veggie mix ( I only use this because of the water chesnuts & its quick, if you can use fresh veggies of choice like bean sprouts, carrots and bean sprouts).
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 TBL of organic olive oil
- hot peppers * optional
What To Do:
- In a large pan heat up some olive oil and begin to saute the minced garlic
- While the garlic is sauteing take the tofu & press out all of the water with a clean tea towel, really press hard.
- Cut up the pressed tofu into little cubes
- Throw in the tofu & pan fry until golden brown & transfer to a plate, in a separate pot cook your veggies, either fresh or frozen
- In the mean time bust out your veggie spiralizer buy one here OR just use a veggie peeler to make your zoodles!
- When you are finished spiralizing all 5 of your zuc’s take a paper towel and press out all of the water out of the zoodles.
- Take the tofu out of the pan and add some more olive oil in & throw in the edamame and veggies, cook for about 3 minutes
- While your veggie mix is pan frying, make the pad thai sauce up ( just whisk everything together and add in )
- Next up, add in your zoodles & 1/2 cup of peanuts and stir to combine everything up
- Now add the pan fried tofu chunks and turn off the heat and let heat through for about 2 more minutes
- Scoop your glorious Zoodle Pad Thai into a cute bowl and garnish with more peanuts!
See below for step by step pictures 😉 enjoy babes!