This bright green creamy soup will make you feel uplifted & satisfied, great for a light dinner option or even a side to any meal !
Why is this soup so great?
Besides the obviously beautiful green color, this soup is packed with vitamin C from the spinach and fennel, as well as iron & not to mention TONS of fiber. Which is what will keep you feeling full! The cashews & coconut oil make for an amazing fat that your body will use straight for energy as well as providing your body with clean plant based protein, so eat up & get ready to feel the glow!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, coined
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 tbl of coconut oil
- 2 inch of fresh ginger diced fine
- 1 fennel bulb , chopped
- 4 cups of organic spinach
- 1 cup + 1 handful of organic parsley
- 3 ups of low sodium veggie broth
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
What to do:
- In a large pot start by heating the coconut oil until liquid
- Next add in the first 4 ingredients
- Saute for about 10 minutes until onions are clear
- Add in all remaining ingredients including the veg. broth
- cover and let boil for 15 mins, reducing to medium heat and simmering for another 10 mins or until the cashews , carrots and fennel are easily cut through.
- Next *spoon* ( do not pour) Your whole cooked veggies and broth in a vented blender ( like a vitamix or blend tec) * Note if you do NOT have a blender like this please use an immersion blender Instead!
- Staring on a very low setting begin to blend the soup up, raising the speed slowly and blending for an additional 1 minute.
- Soup should be a beautiful green, creamy work of art.
- Pour in to a bowl and serve with the remaining parsley as garnish & some red pepper flakes on top!
See Below for detailed step by step Pics to help you along the way 🙂