We all know how much I love champagne, I could literally drink it everyday..
it’s a problem. & guaranteed tomorrow I will wake up with a mean hangover, as there is no way to actually cure a hangover ( except not drinking 4 bottles of champagne & dancing on tables). BUT since that’s a non option here are some tips to help ease the pain.
Do not, I repeat Do not drink Gatorade, G2, Powerade or any other “electrolyte” replacement drinks when you’re hungover.. or ever really. All those do is increase your blood sugar levels and fill you with high fructose corn syrup all of which will make your hangover 20 x worse.
- For every 1 alcoholic drink you consume drink 1 glass of water
- Sleep the night before you party, make sure your immune system is up before you giv’r.
- Make sure you eat healthy meals all day containing all 3 macros ( Protein, Fat & Carbs) these macro nutrients will make sure you have balanced blood sugar so your body can easily metabolize all that booze.
- Focus on micro nutrients ( supplementation) the day after so this means waking up and taking a really good high quality B vitamin and also some really high quality vitamin c. Try this to replenish your body and re hydrate yourself!
- Drink coconut water, the real stuff not from concentrate
- Eat lots of fermented foods like the following: kombucha, kefir, greek yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi. – They are fermented which means they contain probiotics that are amazing for gut health & you need this when you feel super queasy and light headed.
- Check out my recipes like smoothie bowls for the most nutrition your body needs when hungover, easily digestible is key so your body can work on absorbing nutrients rather than digesting and breaking down food.