I chose to do a PRE holiday 5 day detox because most of us want to look & feel great at all of those holiday events. Obvs you can do this cleanse again after the holiday season is over to detox all the nanaimo squares and gin martinis out though 😉 You may have not seen a lot of people for quite a while during the year, be it family or friends. I really think you can only be completely present with people and conversations when you are totally comfortable with yourself in that moment. Have you ever had a conversation with someone at a party or out somewhere and mid conversation thought to yourself, “I feel so bloated in this dress, they for sure think I look horrible”. It may just be my own insecurities but I hate constantly fidgeting with my outfit because I feel uncomfortable and insecure.
I don’t personally believe in an all juice cleanse though, I still think we need the most potent nutrition from whole foods, plus I like to eat food!
This 5 Day cleanse will help you if you:
1. Like to eat amazing food and lose weight
2. Have trouble sleeping, have little energy or can’t focus
3. Want to feel healthier & full of life
4. Have been using conventional body and makeup creams that lead to a build of toxins in the body
Whatever your reason may be for wanting to do a little detox here are a list of recommendations to be implemented over the course of the 5 days leading into the holidays—and possibly longer if you begin to like the results. Take care of your skin as well! Those sugars can ruin your glow! check out a mask HERE!
- Start every day with a 1-2 glasses of spring water with a pinch of sea salt and lemon juice from a full lemon. And make sure you drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day. Water plays a critical role in detoxification.
- Dry brush your skin from your toes to your arm pits every day pre shower.
- Take a 30 minute epsom salt bath nightlyDairy substitutes: – I suggest to avoid dairy, although I do suggest to take 2 tbls of kefir a day for a probiotic & good gut bacteria.
- Unsweetened nut milk, such as almond or cashew milk * make your own recipe on my blog * HERE
- Hempseed milk
- Rice milk (unsweetened)
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Non-gluten grains: brown rice, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, quinoa, gluten free oats. brown rice pasta, 100% buckwheat noodles, glass noodles, kelp noodles, mung bean noodles, shiritaki noodles, rice crackers, quinoa flakes, gluten-free bread ( i only sugget Ezekial 4:9).
- Fruits and vegetables: Keep to all low sugar fruits for this 5 days. lemons, limes, Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries & pomegranates, green apple, unsweetened fresh or frozen whole fruits, raw juiced fruit juices and raw steamed, sauteed, juiced, or roasted vegetables
- Veggies- Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, onions, garlic, artichokes, beets, asparagus, green beans, spinach, kale, collad greens, swiss chard,
- Animal protein: fresh fish ( as fresh as you can get in the prairies), organic chicken, and turkey
- Vegetable protein: split peas, lentils & mung beans, hummus ( if store bought make sure it’s made with tahini only and not canola oil)
- Nuts and seeds: walnuts; sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds; hazelnuts; pecans; almonds; cashews; nut butters such as almond or tahini, * no peanut butter * Almonds ,Brazil nut, Cashew, Chia, Hazelnut, Hemp seeds, hemp nuts, hemp hearts, Macadamia Nut,Pecans, shredded coconut * unsweetened
- Oils: cold-pressed coconut, olive, flax, sesame, almond, sunflower, walnut, and pumpkin
- Drinks: filtered or distilled water, 1 organic coffee/ day max with only coconut milk or almond milk to taste, herbal teas, Organic Green or Oolong tea, or mineral water
- Sweeteners: Raw organic honey, pure organic stevia , real pure maple syrup ( in small amounts)
- Condiments: Apple cidar vinegar; Raw cacao powder, all spices, including sea salt, pepper, basil, carob, cinnamon, cumin, dill, garlic, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, and turmeri & loads of cinnamon!
- Also include other vegetables such as asparagus, carrots, celery, chicory, chive, cucumber, endive, jicama, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, okra, parsnip, radish, rutabaga, snow peas, spinach, sprouts, squash, sweet potato, taro, turnip, watercress, yams, yucca, and zucchini.
- Sea vegetables including arame, dulse, hijiki, kelp, nori sheets, wakame
Here is a Sample day of what 1 Day on a 5 Day Detox could look like:
Wakeup : Lemon water with 1 whole lemon squeezed into warm water
Breakfast: Over Night Oats & shot of Kefir:
1/2 cup gluten free oats, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbl raw cacao, 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 tbl of chia seeds
Snack: Green Apple with 15 almonds
Lunch: Chickpea Salad:
for the dressing: 1 tbl cold pressed olive oil, 2 tbl apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp honey
1.2 cup chickpeas, 1.2 avocado, 3 cups large leafy greens like kale chopped up and massaged with lemon juice, handful of sprouts, variety of approved veggies from up top 😉
Snack: Green Juice & veggies with hummus
Juice: 2 stocks celery, 2 cucumbers, 1/2 green apple, 2 cups spinach
cut up veggies and eat with 1/4-1/2 cup of organic hummus or make your own using tahini and olive oil * no canola oil*
Dinner: Zucchini Noodles with White Fish
Spiralize zucchini or use a veggies peeler sprinkle with sea salt and grated garlic and pepper, saute up some mushrooms in coconut oil along with the fish, use lemon to zest over fish.
Snack: Cinnamon or Herbal tea of choice & handful of walnuts if hungry before bed
* the above is obviously a not an on going diet but if you follow along these lines for 5 days you willl feel refreshed and fab. Remember to always buy organic , non GMO foods, drink 1 gallon of filtered water a day with lemon and take a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning.
* eat as many green veggies as you can to stay full during this cleanse!
Do research, lots of research on skin care and beauty items and what they are putting in their cosmetics, most women put 150 chemicals on their body every single day! I sell organic , wholesome makeup! Get your very own shipped to you today! CHECK IT OUT!
Use this cleanse before/during the holidays to feel fab in-between those much to large meals!