Delish in coffee, smoothies, frozen into ice cube trays… great for making holiday drinks like eggnog….which ever way you like it this christmas themed homemade almond milk is the shiz. Great as gifts too! As long as whoever you give it to drinks it within 4 days 😉
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 4 cups water
- 2 dates
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
What To Do:
- To the blender, add 1 cup of almonds and 4 cups of water
- Add in 1 tsp of vanilla extract & 2 dates to blender
- Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds
- In a small dish, prepare the spices all together
- Throw into the almond mix and blend again for 20 seconds
- Now Strain the almond mixture over a large bowl ( I use a nut bag
( LOL ) You can find one at a health food store, if you don’t have one just use cheese cloth over a fine sieve. This will get all the almond pulp out of the milk.
- You should be left with creamy dreamy christmas infused goodness.
- Save the pulp, you can make face & body scrubs with it!
- Put in a cute mason jar and give to a friend just make sure they drink it within 4 days as their are no icky preservatives it won’t keep longer. I always freeze the rest of mine in to ice cube trays for smoothies!