Gettin all warm & toasty with this one
What You’ll Need:
- 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ c maple syrup or raw honey
- ¼ c sweetened almond milk
- 1 green apple, diced
- 2 c grated carrots (about 4 medium, peeled first)
- 1/4 c of hemp seeds for topping
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line 12 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- To prepare the cupcakes, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda,coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the yogurt, stirring constantly until combined together . Mix in the maple syrup. Fold in the carrots & green apples. ( slowly mix in the wet to the dry is what i’m getting at)
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 23-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Top with hemp hearts for a little protein packed extra
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.