This clean banana bread can be left without the dark chocolate glaze on top if you choose… but why would you deprive yourself of chocolate…. here it is!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups oat flour or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder or arrow root powder
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds ground
- 4 Tbl of ground chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 TBL of raw honey or natural maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 3 overly ripe bananas
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnut chunks
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For Dark Choco Glaze:
- 4 pieces of dark chocolate ( 70 % or higher )
- 3 TBLS of pure coconut oil
What to do:
- Mash up the 3 bananas in a bowl until they are super squishy
- In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the wet ingredients ( lemon juice, egg, almond milk, vanilla, coconut oil, whisk together)
- In another bowl mix together your dry ingredients, except the walnuts
- Add the wet ingredients* except the walnuts, including the banana mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and mix until all comes together
- Now fold in the walnuts into the dough
Line a loaf ban with parchment paper, and ladle in the mixture evening out the top with a spatula.
Pop in to pre heated oven set to 350 & wait 55 minutes, keep checking on it around the 45 min mark. You want the inside to be a bit gooey still. Take out of the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before adding the glaze–>
For the Dark Chocolate Glaze:
- In a bowl take the 4 squares of dark chocolate and add in the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- microwave for about 45 seconds, be sure not to burn the chocolate though or it will taste sick.
- Stir constantly, making sure not to burn, should come out thin and liquid after stirring
Take the cooled banana bread and drizzle the glaze over top of the bread right out of the bowl!