I made these muffins in to mini muffins so there is more to enjoy 😉 Perfect healthy treat for the fall time!
First the Cupcakes –
What You’ll Need:
- A good food processor that can handle all of this business!
- A mini muffin tray
- Paper towel or tea towel
- 1 cup walnuts, unsalted raw
- 1 cup dates ( depitted)
- 2 cups grated raw carrots, squeezed well through cheesecloth or with paper towel to remove as much excess moisture as possible * ( I just grated the carrot then squeezed it really hard in paper towel).
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- tiny bit of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup raisins ( soaked in hot water for about 10 mins)
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for about 30 mins
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- Dash sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
For the Muffins
- Process the dates and walnuts in a food processor until the mixture is holding together.
- Add grated carrots and spices. Process hitting the pulse button until combined
- Add raisins and pulse to combine again
For the frosting: Rinse cashews and place in a food processor with honey, salt and lemon. Process until the mixture is well combined. Wait for the cashew mixture to become smooth like icing.
- Push the carrot cake dough down firmly into 12 mini muffin holes and refrigerate or freeze for about an hour.
- Remove from the fridge, and put your frosting in to a zip lock bag, cutting off just the tip of the bag so you can pipe on your icing and make it look fancy, other option plop some icing on top because it tastes just as good! 😉